tirsdag 31. januar 2012

It's coming to an end!!

Yeah, I know I've been lazy about my blogging lately, but I think you've gotten a pretty good idea about what I've been doing by looking at my photos. And also, who's got time to read travel blogs during the hectic christmas/New Year's season anyway?


Well, I'm in my second last Latin America destination at the moment, Salento, Colombia! It's a beautiful place! Quiet, harmonic, full of green hills, cows, horses and friendly people. A perfect place to appreciate my last bit of lazyness before my real life catches up on me. But not only lazyness: Hiking, horseback riding and mountain biking!

 

Sooo. what have I been doing the last couple of months? (Relax, I'm not gonna try to describe everything in detail.) After Nicaragua, I spent about a month in Venezuela. It was just what I needed, a little break from the backpacker bubble. Because there aren't many tourists there! It's a shame, cause Venezuela has got a lot to offer: Beautiful sceneries including beaches, jungle, mountains, friendly people, adventure. But I guess it's considered too dangerous for most people, and I agree that you need to know what you're doing if you go there: In Caracas, for example, 40-70 people get killed every weekend! And in Merida (2 million people) 17 people got killed on New Year's eve and it wasn't even big news! I was lucky to have local guidance the whole time and nothing really happened to me. 




The last 3 weeks have been spent in Colombia! And everyone's been absolutely right: It's a GREAT country to travel in! And yes, the people are that friendly. I spent a week in a beach town, Taganga and beautiful Parque Tayrona, a national park full of beaches. I did a 3 day dive safari there, Advanced Diver - check!



Then I moved on to Cartagena and Medellin. Both big, modern cities: Cartagena is hot and colonial, Medellin is metropolitan and organized. Both great for partying and last minute - tanning by the hostel pool! The mud volcano in Cartagena was a highlight - like a girl said: Gives buoyancy a whole new meaning! There's no bottom in the mud, you float, even in upright position!  So, will I be the tannest doctor in Gjøvik? Don't really think so. My tan seems to last for 10 minutes and by the time I'm working it's gonna be more than 2 weeks since my last tanning session...

Ingen kommentarer: