tirsdag 11. oktober 2011

Guanajuato














I finished
my stay in Tulum with an amazing snorkeling tour in caves
- not recommended for claustrophobics - I got a sensation of potential panic. And yeah, a crazy party night where I ended up at an after party at a rich polish guy's house
with some mexicans, a frenchman and an argentinian. Didn't know any of them. It included jumping into his pool from 2nd floor and me frying sausages for the whole party. I woke up, quite confused, at 3pm in one of his MANY guestrooms the next morning.

After 2 weeks of beach bumming, I decided that I needed some cultural input. So i booked a flight to Mexico city. Only stayed there for a night. The only thing worth mentioning was an "art presentation" at the hostel. It consisted of 3 weird looking guys screaming out long complicated texts and poems with psychedelic music and lights in the background. One of them even wore a mask! I think it had something to do with an earthquake, not sure. Complicated spanish.

Then I went straight to Guanajuato. My friend Veronika recommended me to go there, and was kind enough to fix me up with a host family, her friends and salsa people. It was definately something different and more "real Mexco". I met up with some of Veronika's friends already the first night, and had LOADS of fun with this lovely group of salsa people, dancing almost every night and sleeping most of the day. I did a week of spanish lessons there as well, to freshen up and fill up the days. It was expensive but good! The other students in my groups were all 50+ americans who'd gone there to find themselves and learn spanish, I think I was considered a quite exotic element. I actually had such a great time in Guanajuato that I stayed for 2 weeks instead of one. It's a beautiful city: small, safe, great atmosphere - every night is a party night and the center is allways filled with people strolling around and enjoying the city. And the dancing it great!!

But I had to let go at last. After 12 hours of bus rides, I'm now in Oaxaca, trying not to be too sad about leaving Guanajuato. It's been really nice here so far, but I arrived late at night yesterday, so I'll tell more in a bit.

Lots of love from Mexico!! :)

1 kommentar:

kathrine sa...

høres kjekt ut! jeg var også i guanajuato i 2009, et av favorittstedene mine i mexico. hvis du har anledning - ta turen til manzanillera (fantastiske surfeforhold og vakre strender). kos deg tine! gleder meg til flere bilder og eventyr:)